SonicWall Network Security Professional (SNSP) For SonicOS 7
A key issue affecting an organization’s business productivity and employee efficiency today is its ability to respond to dynamic changes in the cyber threat landscape. To build on the knowledge you acquired by completing the SNSA certification, SonicWall presents the SonicWall Network Security Professional (SNSP) for SonicOS 7 course. The SNSP for SonicOS 7 is an expert?level training and certification program that builds on the enterprise security skills learned in the SNSA course. The SNSP for SonicOS 7 curriculum expands on the topics covered in SNSA for SonicOS 7 and features advanced SonicWall firewall configuration and administration tasks aimed at helping enterprises adapt to dynamic security environments. The new SNSP curriculum includes an enhanced and deeper scope of the SonicOS7 features and functionality, as well as changes in the learning and delivery methodologies, to better balance the professional needs of the students and the business requirements for network and cyber security.
The students will learn how to monitor, investigate, analyze, and configure SonicWall Next?Gen firewalls running SonicOS 7 to enable advanced functionality related to Secure and Remote Connectivity, Network Optimization, and Threat Prevention. Upon completing the SNSP for SonicOS 7 program, the students will be able to demonstrate SonicWall product expertise and the application skillsets required to defend against limitless network and cyber threats effectively and implement SonicWall Boundless Cybersecurity safeguards for seamless protection.
- Two Factor Authentication
- Configuring Capture Client – Advanced
- SonicOS CLI
- Implementing Best Practices
- SonicWall Packet Monitor
- SonicOS API
- VPN Auto Provisioning
- Advanced Routing
- Advanced SD-WAN
- DPI-SSL/TLS Server
- Advanced App Rules
- Advanced App Control
- Advanced DPI-SSL
- Advanced CFS
- Capture ATP
- DNS Security
Training delivery modality
A flexible and learner-centric blended curriculum that combines online learning with hands-on, instructor-led classroom training:
- eLearning*: This course begins with fully immersive, self-paced online training modules that showcase the unique features and functionality of SonicOS 7 in a simulated application environment. These training modules also include interactive simulations that will guide you in leveraging the unique NGFW capabilities of a SonicWall NSv firewall.
*Activation keys are required to access the course modules and can be obtained by your Authorized Training Partner when you enroll in the instructor-led class.
- Instructor-Led Training: The instructor-guided portion of the curriculum provides a suite of intensive ILT scenario-based sessions, wherein you learn, in a risk-free lab environment, how to configure the SonicWall Next-Gen NSv firewall for network security, control and visibility.
The blended learning approach of the SNSP for SonicOS 7 training program aims to enhance your learning experience and accommodate your busy schedule.
eLearning Prerequisite and Certification exam
Completing the eLearning modules is a prerequisite for taking the exam. We recommend completing the eLearning before attending the classroom-based portion of the SNSP for SonicOS 7 training course. Note that you must complete both eLearning and classroom training before taking the comprehensive certification exam, which covers both parts of the course.
Successful completion of the SNSP for SonicOS 7 curriculum qualifies you to take the Certification Exam. While this exam is not taken in the classroom, you will access it online via SonicWall University once you complete the eLearning modules and quiz. For more information about certification paths, visit the Certifications page.
The self-paced eLearning component of the SNSP for SonicOS 7 blended training program takes approximately 2 hours to complete, while the instructor-led class is two business days in length.
Security professionals, System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and end-users with at least one year of experience implementing IT security technologies (Network, Applications, and Systems) and SNSA certified.
Prerequisite Knowledge and Skills
- High-level understanding of networking fundamentals and architecture, including OSI model, IP addressing, dynamic routing, switching, cloud and virtualization, network topologies and connectivity, wired and wireless networks, system backup and recovery, network applications and peripherals, network management protocols, etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise security concepts and technologies. Such as firewalls, gateways, VPN architecture, threat protection, content filtering, NAT, IPSec, SSL, DPI, zones, encryption and cryptography, access control, identity management, security compliance policies, latest cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- SonicWall Network Security Administration (SNSA) Certification.
- Formative evaluations (knowledge checks and hands-on classroom exercises) are incorporated throughout the course. The Certification exam is available online via your personal or work SonicWall University Account. You will be given a single-use activation key that will allow you to access the eLearning modules and the certification exam. Any participant who completes this course and passes the certification exam will be deemed a Certified SonicWall Network Security Professional (SNSP).
- The exam is administered outside the class, where you will be given 180 minutes for 60 questions. The passing score is 75% or higher. The exam covers all course material, including eLearning content and ILT content.
- You are immediately notified of your exam score at the end of the exam, and the proctoring software will review the exam. Upon successfully passing the exam, you will be sent an email containing your SNSP certificate. It takes up to three business days for the exam results to be published in SonicWall University.
- In addition, you can view your certification details, such as the certification expiration date, in your profile on SonicWall University. You can also print your certificate and access the SNSP certification logo for use on your business cards, email signatures, and resume.
Duration of Certification
All SonicWall Certifications are good for two years from the date that you pass the exam.